Friday, April 23, 2010

2 Months Old!

Today is April 23rd! Happy 2 months, Mackenna! I can't believe she's already 2 months old! I was just looking at her today while I was feeding her and she is getting so big. Her face is changing and she is starting to get those great rolls!
This has been a crazy week at our house! We survived the chicken pox for the most part. I think he still itches during the night because he wakes up with blood around his mouth, cheeks, and chin. We have had a couple of really bad nights with Jaden with him waking up around midnight screaming. Last night he screamed at the top of his lungs for an hour. There was nothing we could do to settle him down. We are hoping it's temporary and the result of trying to heal from the pox. We are hoping it's not a behavior issue. It's so tiring having a newborn let alone a screaming 2 1/2 year old to be awake for, too.

I went back to work this week. Tuesday I had to work from home but Wednesday and Thursday I was able to go. Mackenna came with me and was awesome. She took two naps each day, about a 1/2 hour or 45 min nap in the am and a good 2 or 3 hour nap in the afternoon which gave me ample time to get a lot accomplished. She now has a pack and play on loan in my office with a bassinet which is awesome. Thanks, Jill!! People love having her around, too, so I don't feel so bad bringing her. She actually has slept a lot better there than here. The obvious difference is the lack of a loud 2 1/2 year old who doesn't understand the concept of trying to be quiet or staying out of her room when she is asleep. Plus, I can get it alot darker in my office than I can at home.

Mackenna got to go to her first official meeting with one of my colleagues, Gina! It was fun even though I never got my iced tea that I had been craving.

Mackenna's one great nap last Saturday. She was really fighting her cold!Jaden and Mackenna's new ride, the Kiddy Caddy. Thanks a bunch to those of you who gave us Target gift cards. This was one of our purchases! It converts into a sit and stand when Jaden gets a bit older and is too big for the back seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment